Sound editing, so how was it for me ?


I started with writing a story, that had elements that I could easily find as clips from YouTube.
The story goes like this:"It is heavily raining along with lighting and thunder. During this rain
a man is walking and sees a cat and attempts to shelter it until the rain stops. Birds start to chirp
and crickets sing bringing the morning. The rooster roosts to wake every soul up as if it was declaring that everything is safe and the rain had stopped, signaling to everyone that they can come out of their shelters.
Then the man walks to his farm where we can clearly hear the rooster after which we hear the cows and goats "

The editing process was completely new to me and I had to go through trial and error and refer to tutorials which were of only five minutes length to ensure that I wasn't wasting my time.So I picked up on the things I had to do and with a few attempts I managed  to complete the project.
I then asked my mom to listen to the clip. She said there was a gap in the clip and when I checked I found a 30 seconds gap in between which nothing was playing.So I cut out that portion of the clip. Now I had to save it to my pendrive(USB) , since I was operating a Mac I did not know  how to do that then I asked for my father's help and he was able to do it.The next day I tried it out in another system the clips did not play and then I noticed the file type being AU which I guessed was audacity, so I asked my teacher to tell me what to do. Then my teacher told me to convert it into an MP3 file after which I should export it to my USB drive.Later during class she told me that USB 's are not allowed in the school so I was asked to E-MAIL it to her which I did . Later in class when it was played , initially the students got annoyed by the rain sound then after the clip they said it was well made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ryo Onishi :The animator who can bring life to the characters

UNREAL-BUT-REAL-MAGAZINE-SUBMISSION