UNREAL-BUT-REAL-MAGAZINE-SUBMISSION







My online magazine targets children above 10 years who have love for science and experimenting as I always did. The magazine will raise the curiosity of the reader and will also promote Science as a fun activity.

My cover page idea is based on a thought I had "flight into the never before seen skies even past the clouds", this idea has the clouds as obstacles and the young boy getting through them with ease. The contents page's artwork came to be when this idea created another topic to work on " Onward to space!!" which is why I drew children riding on a Rocket to space. These thoughts and their respective illustrations symbolize the infinite possibilities that lie in science, and that it can be a very enjoyable journey if taken with the right approach. The Double Spread has a background of large water bubbles symbolizing infinite possibilities, and as the experiment is to do with water I felt this to be apt.

The photos I have clicked for the contents page had a focused lighting from directly above and latter were edited using Photoshop. For the pictures that involved the siphoning of water, contrasting shots of high angle and low angle were used along with keeping in mind the effects of natural lighting (Sun) on the resulting photographs. There were side view picture taken of the Air Conditioner and High angle shots taken of the Compost Pit. In the Double Spread  I have used some close up shots and a couple of wide shots to capture the siphoning process. All of these photographs were taken in natural light settings.

The double spread has two versions of the experiment one in columns, and the other is to the point and based on procedure and each of them cater to different audiences.
I hope you enjoy reading !  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ryo Onishi :The animator who can bring life to the characters

Sound editing, so how was it for me ?