Magazine plan

COVER PAGE LAYOUT AND ANALYSIS

WHY I DREW THIS SET UP FOR THE COVER PAGE ?

I drew this as I wanted to convey that science can make things possible and exploring the subject with dedication is
how you'll come to discover a variety of  things. In terms of art I think it ended up pretty good, the clouds I made sure appeared fluffy and wavy  to represent the organic art style of nature.
But, I  made sure to make the cities very rigid, but also have some elements like shrubs and trees.

I personally think if I do a digital version of this it will look really beautiful but if I need to make the coloring in the paper version and redraw it that is also quite fine!

COLOR SCHEME

Sky is cerulean blue with concentration of it accordingly for light and dark areas.
The clouds are a mix of  very light cerulean blue and very light grey diluted in water. For reference, it's like water color.
Next, the ocean is sea blue leading to cerulean blue almost blending in with the sky.The rough sketch depicts a city along a coastal area with some some vegetation. It also includes the sky with loose and fluffy looking clouds. The subject of the picture is a boy holding balloons  and flying away from the city onto the wide horizon.
 The ocean also has white parts to it, to represent the foam created when waves form.
The city should be squares and rectangles created from a mix of sea blue, cerulean blue and silver, with patches of white, light pink,light yellow as well as light green on top of the building.
The the tall tower at center of the picture with a statue on top of it is rusted brown mixed with silver and hall Persian blue and white to represent dark and light areas respectively.


CONTENTS PAGE LAYOUT AND ANALYSIS

WHY I DREW THIS SET UP FOR THE CONTENTS PAGE ?

Without any delay I want to convey the point that is most convincing of why I think this layout works!Having highly complex and while still fascinating structures would still look nice, but I feel that it would take away some of the audience as for some of them it would seem overwhelming and that it is not in their playing field.This simple aesthetic is something I have chosen as a designer to make sure that, while I cannot not and probably never, exclude the fascinating aspect of science and perhaps without it I feel science would just be redundant!!But I feel that it is better to hold your audience's hand and guide them to the treasure through the obstacles while helping them overcome and sometimes avoid them is more valuable than letting their fear take away their pure love, curiosity and sincerity to facing the subject and studying it for years to come need not necessarily be work but engage themselves in it!!

COLOR SCHEME

I would like the numbers to be highlighted in yellow orange. I would prefer it if the rocket is red and white like a generic rocket for reasons mentioned in the above section.
Other than that I would want the trail left by the rocket to be white with some grey to give shadow and have the background of the page be Persian blue.

DOUBLE SPREAD

WHY I WANTED THIS SET UP FOR THE DOUBLE SPREAD ?

I wanted the double spread to be the picture of the water siphoning experiment with the content explaining the process along with photographs of the materials and process at each step for kids and young adults to be able to understand clearly what must be done if they needed to do the experiment.
I feel my decision  here  was what all media aims to achieve that to communicate with audience.
My layout is somewhat inspired from R.P.G and G.B.A games and their design which makes it fun for the player to access the created mechanics!!

SET UP OF THE PLACE WHERE THE EXPERIMENT IS BEING CONDUCTED

I  chose to conduct the experiment in a grassy place outside as not only did I want to make the picture simple but also to prove the point that "what science we study at our homes, labs,schools and colleges is ultimately to understand the splendor of the world around us!!"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ryo Onishi :The animator who can bring life to the characters

UNREAL-BUT-REAL-MAGAZINE-SUBMISSION

Sound editing, so how was it for me ?